Many Nigerian students in Universities abroad, who have had prior experience in Nigerian Universities are often surprised by the courtesy shown them by their lecturers and the warm student-administration relationship they experience abroad.
Nigerian Students abroad often tell of how professors will call and ask genuinely how they can help them improve their grades. Unaccustomed to such respectful gestures by University administrators and lecturers, they often recall with amusement their experience in Nigerian public Universities where, rather than encourage, many lecturers are enthusiastic to fail students.
Here are some common Nigerian university experiences that they do not face studying abroad:
1) That moment when a lecturer brags delightfully that, yearly, a certain percentage of the class would fail the course.
2) Lecturers explaining with an evil grin how easy it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for anyone to get an A in the course.
3) That moment a Lecturer surprises the class with an impromptu test.
4) When you begin to reassess your plans after lecturers tell you the hard facts and history of the department.
5) That moment when you are the last person to enter the class before the lecturer says the door should be shut and the attendance sheet passed around.
But then life as a student can be without stress too, and you should experience this. Speak with an International Education Advisory Personnel here to help you with your plans and budget for international education.
Discover genuine scholarship offers, latest trends in education technology, and learning tools that will help you achieve your career goals here