“What we really need are people who can understand our clients, talk to them, and understand what is happening with their businesses,” says Dan Black.
The accounting profession industry is changing rapidly. Accounting means you will have the opportunity to work in almost any industry imaginable. Compensation varies according to the level of education, certification, and specializations. With the field experiencing rapid growth, now is an excellent time to start planning for your career in accounting.
Accountants must also possess a high degree of integrity. And because they’re constantly interacting with clients, accountants should be effective communicators.
- FORENSIC ACCOUNTING –Uncover illicit activity and track criminal funding.
- MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING –Oversee financial operations to lead a business to success.
- PUBLIC ACCOUNTING –Assist organizations and individuals with financial reporting and accounting tasks.
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING –Report fiscal standings to investors and the public.
- AUDITING –Ensure compliance with financial laws and regulations in a variety of industries.
- GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTING –Manage budgets, expenses, and revenues at all levels of government.
As an accountant, you do need to earn additional accounting credits beyond your bachelor’s degree because average starting salary for a BSC holder is about N70,000, but with a little more experience, you can earn an average starting salary of N97,500.
CAREER DEMAND IN WORK-FIELD
Accounting is a field that will always be in demand and it is a field that you can continue to grow and move up inside your company.
A new study examining and demand trends in accounting found that the profession is thriving with college enrollments, degrees awarded, and demand for new accounting graduates all reaching all-time high.
SOME UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY ACCOUNTING
- University of Bath (UK)
- Thompson Rivers University (CANADA)
- Alliance University (USA)
- Universidad Catolica San Antonio de Murcia (UCAM) (SPAIN)
To make inquiries or begin an application at Foundation, Undergraduate, University transfer and Postgraduate levels in Accounting, do speak with our experienced career counselors at Degrees&Careers by emailing email@example.com.