It’s only the second month of the year 2020 but as you would expect, institutions around the globe have begun to roll out their annual scholarship offers. If your aspirations to study in one of Europe’s highly rated universities remains valid, then here is a golden chance to hit the ground running.
Packaged for students in Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities, The University of Limerick, Ireland, has just launched a merit-based scholarship program. Interestingly, the award is open to all international students, as long as you have outstanding grades in your previous academic documents. This aside, you will also need to appear convincing about your desire to study at the university and for the Degree, you will select during the application stage.
Here are a few other things you should know
- Awardees for undergraduate programs will receive €1,500 yearly, until the end of their programs.
- Awardees for Postgraduate programs will receive €2,000 yearly until they complete their programs.
- The award is open to non-EU students. This means that students whose countries of origin are not any of the European Union Countries.
- The university did not announce a limit to the number of applicants who can earn the scholarship. This implies that, once you meet all requirements, winning the award is almost a done deal.
If you intend to apply for the postgraduate scholarship offer, you must at least have a Bachelor’s or Higher Diploma Degree that is similar to what Universities in the United Kingdom or Ireland offer. (That is, NFQ Level 8). You will also have to visit The University of Limerick’s Admissions page and see whether you meet the requirements as stated.
Just in case you need assistance in the application process, documents gathering and Visa counselling, you can send me an email, I will gladly assist.
Lastly, you will need to provide a document showing that you can use the English Language to communicate effectively.
For IELTS (International English Language Testing System), you need an average of band 6.0 in all its components. If you are in Nigeria, I will recommend that you register for your IELTS at MOD/IDP IELTS Test Center. The University also accepts proof of English Language Proficiency from exam bodies such as:
- TOEFL: 580 (paper-based) or 90 (internet-based)
- PTE: A minimum total score of 61 which means you must score at least 59 in each section.
You should also check out the Fully Sponsored Scholarship Program by Standard Bank Africa. You may find it more attractive.
How to apply for the Scholarship
After gathering the required documents, the next step is visiting the University’s website to apply for the course you desire to study. Once your application is successful, you will be notified. This is when you can now submit a fresh application for the bursary. Learn more about how to qualify for the scholarship on their official page.
The application portal closes on July 1, 2020. If I were you, I will start the processes now. Gathering relevant documents may sometimes take some weeks to achieve. Don’t forget, I am open to assist you. Education is crucial but quality education is non-negotiable.