With a huge arrangement of options to study business, Canada is a popular destination to study for international students. With around 25 Canadian business schools, Canada is within the top three countries with the most ranking business schools in the world.
The business universities allow students to opt-in for all levels of business studies in Canada ranging from undergraduate studies, graduate studies, and doctoral studies. You can get the following business degrees in Canada
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BBA)
- Graduate degree (MA, M.Sc, MBA, MFA, IMBA, B.C.L and L.L.B)
- Doctorate (Ph.D.)
There are also a lot of diploma and certificate courses that are given priority in the corporate world.
Canadian Universities to Study Business
Following are the world-ranked business universities and schools of Canada and the business programs offered.
- Yoke University is ranked number 83 university in the world. Schulich school of business, Yoke university offers a range of 8 undergraduate programs and 3 graduate programs.
- McGill University is ranked number 71 university in the world. Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University offers 1 certificate course, 3 diploma courses, 2 graduate certificate courses, 4 bachelor’s degrees, 1 executive master’s degree, and 9 master’s degrees.
- The University of Toronto is ranked number 51 university in the world. Rotman school of management, university of Toronto offers 8 undergraduate degree courses and 1 graduate degree course.
- Western University is ranked number 75 university in the world. Ivey business school, the Western university offers 1 MBA course, 1 Ph.D. course, 1 minor course, 1 EMBA course, 1 certificate and diploma course, and more combined degree courses.
- Queen’s University is ranked number 78 university in the world. Smith school of business, Queen’s University offers 1 MSc course and 1 Ph.D. course.
Business Specializations and Degrees in Canada
In Canada, you can get several specializations in business courses that help you build an opportunity in terms of career growth and employment. There are so many business courses available in Canadian universities however, the most popular business specializations among students in Canada are:
- Business entrepreneurship: A business entrepreneur is someone who operates and starts a business while taking on the risk associated with the business.
- Business strategies specialist: A business strategies specialist manage and oversees marketing campaigns in specific channels and monitoring the results.
- Business administration with IT: Business administration involves the management and performance of decision making and business operations with the use of information technology.
- Business management: Business management focuses on the planning, organizing, and planning of business activities that are required to efficiently run and mange a business.
- Canadian business: Canadian business is the longest publishing magazine based in Ontario, Toronto, and Canada funded in 1927.
- Business law: Business law also called criminal law is the body of rules governing the dealings between persons and commercial matters.
Other Careers in Business Studies in Canada include:
- Professional business communication
- Business valuation
- Strategic management in business
- International business administration
- Business communication
- Business financial accounting
- Human resource management in business
- Business analytics
- Business economics
Business Degrees In Canada: Duration, Eligibility, and Tuition Fees For Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctorate Degree.
Universities in Canada have different criteria and tuition fees. However, in general, most universities require students to qualify for certain tests to study in Canada.
- IELTS (6.5), TOEFL (84-95), and PTE (60-65)
- Secondary school diploma
- The study duration of 2-4 years
- Yearly tuition fee ranges from $27,000 – $74,000 per year
- Proficiency in English language IELTS or TOEFL
- Mathematics as a subject up to ss3
- GMAT scores are an added advantage
- Statement of purpose for MS in Canada
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The study duration of 1-2 years
- Yearly tuition fee ranges from $22,000 – $90,000 but can be reduced with scholarships
- Proficiency in English language (IELTS OR TOEFL)
- Statement of purpose for studying in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- The study duration of 3-4 years
- Yearly tuition fee ranges from $7,000 – $21,000
You may also like: Business Management: The Business of Managing
Get career and educational articles and insights from our weekly newsletter.